AOU's Learning Resource Center, Egypt branch
The Learning Resource Center is a full-service academic library that caters to students and staff who are pursuing their academic or professional advancement goals. We work on connecting individuals to resources, technology and workforce development opportunities.
The LRC in all AOU centers comprise a computer area, more than 40 PCs, all equipped with an internet connection and specialized software to support students in their academic searches. In addition to the reading area, which accommodates around 50 to 60 students in each center.
Our vision is to be pro-active learning hub of the university that will provide excellent educational resources, state-of-the-art technology and innovative services in support for the learning, teaching and research of the university and the academic community.
Our mission is to provide quick and easy access to high-quality educational resources, innovative services. Also offer a better learning environment in support for the lifelong learning, instruction, research, academic and support programs of the university, its affiliates and the academic community to achieve their educational and professional endeavors.
Following its Vision and Mission, LRC using its allocated resources to the fullest accomplishes its mission through the following objectives:
- To acquire the latest edition of books, multimedia and online resources that support the instructional and research needs of the academic community.
- To establish access to e-Library (databases, electronic resources, e-books).
- To organize resources for easy access and retrieval.
- To design effective use of instructional services and programs that foster learning in the academic programs of the university.
- To provide beneficiaries oriented assistance in selecting, locating and using the resources.
- To provide a venue for collaborative learning.
Categories of Beneficiaries:
- The faculty members
- The students
- The staff.
The Learning Resource Center is open for its beneficiaries on all working days from 8: 00 AM till 2:00 PM.
LRC available services:
- Information Delivery (including Scanning & Printing)
- Exam archive.
- Ask a Librarian.
- Recent briefing.
- Selective dissemination of information