Method of delivery
The AOU learning/teaching strategy provides contact hours that are equal to 50% of what traditional universities require. Thus, AOU students enjoy the benefits of both the open and traditional university systems.
The TEFL MA programme will be delivered through the AOU system which consists of two complementary modes:
- face-to-face interactive tutorials, constituting 50% of course credit hours.
- interactive distance learning delivered through specially designed teaching and support materials that are conducive for self-learning, constituting 50% of course contact hours.
- Minimum of two years (4 semesters) and maximum of 8 semesters
- Part-time studying because classes and exams are only scheduled on Saturdays giving you the chance to work and have a life along with your studies.
- Both full-time and part-time tutors teach in the MA program. All full-time tutors co-supervise MA dissertations. Main supervisors are both full-time and part-time professors.
Why MA in TEFL?
This programme opens up many gates of employment for you: the following are job areas, which you will be suitable for (perhaps with special induction and suitable training in some of the cases given below):
Public schools, bilingual and monolingual schools teaching through the medium of English, foundation programmes at universities, community colleges, language centers, international and regional publishers, Educational zones, banks, firms, foreign embassies, international educational/cultural organizations/agencies, government departments/offices, national, regional and international newspapers, satellite stations, news agencies, etc. The programme also opens up an important gate for further/higher academic study (e.g. a PhD degree).
AOU follows the credit hour system.
Tuition fees are calculated based on the total number of credit hours for which you are registered, in addition to the cost of the educational books.
Cost per Credit Hour is 1470 LE.
Admission Fees Per Semester Is 2000 LE.